Friday, May 21, 2010

Rage

My husband suffers from video game rage. He plays a video game to relax, but gets so angry playing this game that has :

1. broken a controller
2. cut his hand by punching an inanimate object
3. threw his headset and controller
4. punched his controller

I am sure he has done much more that I either can't remember, or was not home to witness. I am at my wits end. I don't know what I am suppose to do to deal with this. I don't want to act like his Mother, but I feel like I am a parent taking a game away from a child. It really feels like he is a 10 year old.

I have suggested he stop playing when he reaches that point, but he has yet to do it. I have also threatened to throw out the game, hoping that he will take more control, that hasn't worked either. He says he doesn't want to teach our son to have such a bad temper, but that isn't illustrated in his actions while he plays. He is a very gentle, loving husband and father, and he is never violent with us. He only yells at this game. How do I break my husband of this bad habit?

I am wondering if other people suffer from video game rage, and if there are, what they do to keep their anger under control.


No comments:

Post a Comment