Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mmmmm Good

I made this really easy, delicious pasta for lunch today


It has a great olive oil and garlic taste, with a spicy kick. It is my favorite pasta and a "go to" dish around my house for breakfast, lunch and dinner

Here is what you will need
1. 1 box wheat Spaghetti noodles (wheat is sweeter and healthier so go for it)
2. extra virgin olive oil
3. red pepper flakes
3. minced garlic
4. italian seasoning
5. dried oregano



Put the pasta on to boil. Then start chopping your garlic. I chop about this much garlic




I'm going to be honest, if I have minced garlic in a jar I use that. Don't judge me. But, when I have to chop it myself I chop about this much.

When the pasta is done drain it and pour into a serving/mixing dish. Add the olive oil and be generous, you don't want dry pasta. I don't measure it, but if I had to I would say 1 to 1 and 1/2 cups (that is for a 4 person serving). Next, add the packet of Italian seasoning, about 2 tablespoons of oregano, and red pepper flakes to taste (the more, the spicier) Finally, add the garlic. If you are like me and prefer to scoop it out of the jar....it should be about this much



Mix well. Salt and pepper to taste and ENJOY!!

As I said, this is also a really good recipe for dinner. I have been known to add chicken, or pair it with steak as a side dish. And best of all, it takes under 10 minutes.

I may have writen this post because I watched Julie and Julia and was inspired.

I might even make this a regular segment.

So, in the words of Julia Childs:

Bon Appetit

Read more: http://www.mylivesignature.com/mls_wizard2_1.php?sid=54488-147-FED063ECC757775EB7BB0DC55FD3B959#ixzz0lzSRnJdr

No comments:

Post a Comment